Within school, we have discussed good hygiene habits with all the children to minimise the spread of germs. The following advice has been shared:
- Wash your hands often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. We are encouraging the children to sing 'Happy Birthday to me' twice to ensure they are washing their hands for a suitable amount of time.
- Some children have also brought in their own hand sanitisers that are clearly labelled with their names.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you feel unwell, stay at home and don’t attend school.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin.
- If a tissue is unavailable, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Staff will be cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces such as classroom tables.
If you’re worried about your symptoms, please call NHS 111 – don’t go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline - this helpline has been set up to answer questions about the virus related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline.